Tuesday, May 12, 2009

5/3/09 Range Report

Wanting to make some improvements to my performance Saturday, I went to the local range Sunday for more pracice. I had to shoot 50 yards instead of 50 meters, and had to use the bench instead of shooting prone. I also made some adjustments to my setup.

I shot much better, shooting a couple 0.2" groups and averaging just under 0.5" for 18 groups. A flier on target 10 screwed me up, but that notwithstanding, I felt pretty good about my setup. Still slightly to the left, but not more than a couple clicks of the 1/8 MOA knobs.

I also clicked out to 100 yards, needing only 6 MOA of adjustment to get from 50 to 100 - much less than the CZ needed. Maybe the longer, more accurate barrel, or the better ammo, or...?

From now on, I will need to shoot some more 100 and 200s to prepare for 5/24 at the first varmit shoot.