My AR needed a little modernizing (this look is a little dated, and a little light in the utility department), so here it is. I made 2 upgrades - the quad rail hand guard and the Mako T-Pod vertical grip bipod.Mako is 1 of 2 options (GripPod being the other), but I got the Mako because I wanted metal legs and adjustable height. The thing is gigantic, and quite sturdy. However, when closing it up into a handguard again, I pinch myself every once in a while between the 2 legs - ouch. However, it is stable as hell and works gret, so I dont mind too much. I am planning to add a light to my rail, and the Mako has a pressure pad slot already incorporated, which will be very nice
The Quad rail is a UTG, and seemed very chep when compared to equivalent Troy, DD, and other rails. When I got it though, it was very well made and very strong. Installtion was very easy, and it did exactly what I expected it to do. With the success of this part, I need to get one for my Saiga - The current Saiga setup won't allow me to use the pistol grip or hi-cap mags due to 922r. I am 1 part short, so a new handguard will take care of it. I like this one, which is the same company. It should be sweet when it becomes available.