The 4th table was a cluster. At address, I noticed a mis-feed when I racked the slide. I droped the round and the mag, re-loaded the 10th round and re-locked the mag. At the whistle, I aimed, squeezed, and.... nothing. I qiuckly racked the slide and squeezed again. Nothing. A little confused, I looked down, to see the mag sticking out of the butt about 1/4". Cursing, I hammered the mag into place, racked the slide, and started blasting. However, I couldn't catch up, and got a DNF 15. I was pissed at myself for something so stupid.
The last 2 tables went pretty smooth, at 9 and 6 seconds. Unfortunately, i was stuck with the 12.6 because I had to drop the DNF. That left me at 40.72, good enough for 7th out of 44. This is almost a 12 second improvement from last time, but I can't help thinking that I would have been around 35 if I had locked the mag on the 4th table. 35 would be pretty darn good for me, and I would have taken 4th or 5th.
Overall, I didn't feel like I did anything different from last time, but obviously I did. I attribute that to the practice. I have been dropping 10 seconds between each of the shoots, so I feel like my improvement is going well. It will take a monster effort to shave 10 seconds off my time again, but even if I only shave 5 sec, I think that will be pretty good.