Sunday, April 11, 2010

600 with the CLE


I went with some of the guys to WSC for some long range shooting with the CLE. Basically, you get 5 shots from each distance between 200 and 600 yards. 3" bulseye = 3, 8.5" black ring = 2, 14" white ring = 1-highest total score wins. I shot a 52. each succesive distance sees the target marked with pasties so that only the 5 shots at the current distance will show.
200 - 15

300 - 8

400 - 11

500 - 9

600 - 9


My dope was pretty far off, but thanks to the 3 allowable sighters at 200, I got my holds set and cleaned the target. At 300, I was high again, but spun my turret UP instead of Down to record my only miss ofthe match. (DUMB). 4, 5, and 600 were pretty much as expected given that it was my first try and my dope was way off. I also maxxed out my elevation knob on the NF at 600. Time for an angled riser and some more chrono work.