Sunday, April 22, 2007

Remington 700P


The big bopper - if something needs to be shot, this is the toy to use.


A factory Remington 700P in .308 - parkerized finish, HS Precision pillar bedded kevlar stock, etc. The only mod (so far) is a quick trigger job, putting it at about 2.5 pounds. An EGW 20MOA base and Burris XTR rings hold a Leupold Mark 4 LR/T M1 6.5-20 x 50 mildot reticle - basically, a telescope. This thing shoots connectors at 100 yards like nobody's business with Georgia Arms 168 grain HPBT.
The only problem is that finding a long-range facility near me is really difficult - there are not many locations that are beyond 100 yards. The club near me has a 200 meter range, which is pretty nice, but even then this sub-MOA rifle doesn't show much scatter. I would like to take it out to 500-600 yards and see how I do there. Instead, I may have to practice with smaller caliber rifles to get the trajectory and drift inputs.